– UPSC IAS Prelims Syllabus
UPSC IAS Prelims Syllabus for GS Paper 1
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance-Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development-Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity, and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization.
- General Science.
UPSC IAS Prelims Syllabus for GS Paper 2 (CSAT)
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
- Decision making and problem-solving.
- General mental ability.
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc.) (Class X level).
- Data Interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. (Class X level).
- English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level).